11533 Old River Road
Rockton, IL 61072
This form can
be copy/pasted into Word or in the body of an email. If you prefer to use an
online application, you can access this same form at
http://www.qualitydogs.com/Application.asp?ID=136077 and it will be
automatically sent to me..
Our Wire puppies have been raised with much thought, care and attention. Our
first priority is to find the home that best suits each puppy. We know that a
good match between the puppy and a family means both will be happy. We do not
mean to be intrusive but the application helps us learn more about your family's
lifestyle and what puppy personality would best suit you. We receive many
inquiries so your application helps us remember you and what you are hoping to
- First and last names and ages of all family members
living full time or part time in your home.
- List your complete address. Describe your home and
neighborhood. (We like to have a “picture” of where our puppies will live. It
doesn’t have to be a mansion, just a good place for a loving pet.) If you live
in an apartment or rental property, are dogs allowed?
- List phone numbers. Identify home, work and cell if
applicable. We will not call you at work unless you request it
- List your email address
- Names and ages of other animals you currently own.
- Have you owned other dogs in the past? If so, what
breeds were they and what happened to them?
- What sex puppy are you looking for? If we do not have
that sex available, would you be interested in one of the opposite sex? Keep in
mind that families who are open to either sex have a better chance of getting
a puppy. On the other hand, we recommend a Wire of the opposite sex if you
already have a dog.
- Are you aware that Wire Fox Terriers are seldom
reliable when off leash in an unfenced area? Do you have a securely fenced
yard? If not, what is your plan for exercising your dog and keeping it safe?
- Who will be responsible for the puppy?
- Do the adults in the family work? If so, in what
professions and during what hours? How long do you estimate the puppy would be
alone on a work day?
- All our pet puppies are sold with limited AKC
registration & on spay/neuter contracts. Do you have any problem with agreeing
to spay or neuter your pet puppy? If so, why?
- Where will the puppy stay during the day? Where will
it sleep at night?
- Are you familiar with "crate training" and how do you
feel about crate training your puppy?
- Describe your family’s interests and lifestyle. What
kind of personality in a puppy do you think would best fit your family?
- Why do you want a Wire Fox Terrier as opposed to
- We are uncomfortable shipping young puppies so we
choose not do so. We need to meet each prospective family so you would have to
either drive or fly in to get your puppy. Puppies may be taken onboard a plane
in a Sherpa bag which fits under the seat and is allowed on some airlines.
Would you be able to either drive or fly to pick up a puppy?
- Are you interested in training your new Wire? If so,
what kind interests you most? (obedience, agility, tracking, therapy work,
earth dog trials, other) ?
- Include anything else you would like us to know about
your family or situation. List any questions you would like us to answer.
- We very occasionally have a retired show dog to place
in a new home after it is spayed or neutered. These dogs generally have lovely
manners, travel well, are crate trained and either already house broken or
easily house broken. If one is available, would you be interested in one of
- How did you hear about us? Please be specific. If it
was on the Internet, please mention the site where you found us.